This week I took a trip to my local sawmill to grab a couple of Red Cedar slabs to build a round live edge cake stand for my Grandma. I spent $10 for each slab and used a white spray paint on the base and live edge. If I were to build this piece again I’d use a flat white paint rather than satin. Also, the epoxy I used didn’t dry clear.. use a different brand. Loctite is good, so is gorilla.
Special thanks to RyobiNation for sponsoring this video and supporting Modern Builds!
Materials And Supplies:
Cedar Slab: Roughly 3″ thick, 18-20″ round
DONT FORGET TO LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.
ADD ME ON:
Instagram: | @modernbuilds
Thanks for watching! -Mike Montgomery
This is the secret hideaway where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s love blossomed – in front of a stunning backdrop of the African bush, overlooking the sparkling Boteti river.
On Meghan’s first ever wildlife safari for her 36th birthday, the couple watched the sun set behind a spectacular vista of acacia thorn trees and green-backed herons fishing in the river.
The pair were photographed as they arrived at Maun airport in Botswana, smiling excitedly as they crossed the tarmac, Harry’s arm affectionately around his girlfriend’s shoulder.
After that the lovebirds disappeared from the public gaze, but they headed straight for the exclusive Meno a Kwena tented bush camp, a two-hour drive east of the airport.
Harry, 32, had chosen his beloved Botswana for this special visit, not only to celebrate Meghan’s 36th birthday but also to mark their first year together.
The fact that he chose a country which holds such a special place in his heart will fuel speculation that he may have decided to propose to Meghan on the trip.
There are few more romantic destinations in the world. One of the first sights that greeted Harry and Meghan was a herd of dozens of zebra appearing in front of their luxury tent, cooling themselves in the water.
Harry first visited the country when he was just 13, two months after his mother Diana died, and has made many return visits. In January he agreed to become patron of Rhino Conservation Botswana.
At the time he said: ‘I’ve been lucky enough to visit Botswana for more than 20 years and I’m fortunate to be able to call it my second home.’
Bush camps such as Meno a Kwena around the Maun area are popular with ‘glamping’ tourists en route to the Okovango Delta region, rich in wildlife.
Driving Meghan from the airport with his bodyguard on the eve of her August 4 birthday, Harry kept their destination a mystery to the end, promising only that it would be ‘unforgettable’.
Meghan would have had her first surprise at a roadblock where all travellers must get out of their vehicles and walk across a disinfectant mat to protect the area from foot-and-mouth disease.
At Meno a Kwena, where the Prince is known so well that all the African staff call him by his first name, the pair had a light lunch on arrival, then headed to their tent.
From their luxury accommodation they were able to watch the wildlife at close quarters.
They called for room-service dinner and drinks to enjoy under the stars, away from the other guests at the camp, and also breakfasted in their quarters, soon after sunrise.
‘They greeted the staff and enjoyed lunch with a glass of wine,’ one observer told us. ‘Later they went up the sandy path away from the main camp, hand-in-hand, to their prime spot overlooking the river.’
Harry was widely expected to propose during their three-week holiday in Africa.
Harry brought his first love, Chelsy Davy, to the same camp in 2007 when they slept under the stars and took game drives through the Central Kalahari reserve.
On his latest trip, Harry did not take advantage of the sunset river cruises, game drives, or sessions on the camp’s floating hide, all of which are all on offer to guests in the nine tents.
The staff had arranged for Harry and Meghan to stay in safari tent 5, with its king-size bed, open-air shower and hand-carved furniture. Teak chests and explorers’ trunks dotted the bedroom, with kilim rugs on the floor.
But its biggest attraction is the spectacular veranda offering a breathtaking view of a broad bend in the Boteti river where elephant, zebra and wild buck come to drink each evening.
The river had been dry for more than 20 years, but came teeming back to life in 2008 when millions of gallons of water came gushing through from the Okovango Delta due to a shift in tectonic plates.
Harry has witnessed the extraordinary change for himself. On his earlier visits to Meno a Kwena – the name means ‘teeth of the ‘crocodile – he was told how water pumps had been installed to help keep wildlife alive.
But now the river is a mighty sweep of running water again as Harry and Meghan would have witnessed as they ate supper on the veranda, with its dining table, buckskin rugs and day-bed offering a comfortable vantage point
At night, lions roared close by, and on Meghan’s birthday she woke at dawn to a noisy orchestra of pied kingfishers and barred owls and the sight of the spectacular African fish eagle swooping on its prey. ‘It’s the mating season for all our birds,’ explained a source. ‘That makes it very noisy to wake up to – we hope they didn’t mind too much.’
The couple stayed only one night at Meno a Kwena, leaving mid-morning for the Okavango Delta.
Building the legs for my 12″ jointer. These not only hold it up solidly, they also allow me to move it around easily. The large open space between the legs will accommodate a bin on casters to collect the shavings.
The jointer build playlist on my main channel:
Modding the wheels:
You can help support the work I do in making these videos:
Plans for sale:
Support this channel on Patreon:
Did you know I have other YouTube channels?
My main channel:
Watch Mel B and Actress Busy Philipps go head to head turning average front doors into a beautiful works of art, all for bragging right and the coveted Makers Cup. Check out #MakeItWithMichaels for inspiration on projects and ideas.
About Michaels: Want to create something unique, get DIY tips, or add some sparkle to your life? Michaels® is here to inspire you! Take your creativity to the next level with new ideas and step-by-step techniques using on-trend materials, tools and technology for experienced makers and beginners too.
For More Info or to Buy Now:
SEI Fireplace Media Console
Give your home the warmth and style you crave with this beautiful transitional piece. It has a realistic looking flame and freshens your dcor with a rich textured…
Prices shown on the previously recorded video may not represent the current price. View hsn.com to view the current selling price. HSN Item #579333
Everytime I walked into my house I got overwhelmed by all the clutter and mess that was in my entryway. I finally decided to give it a cute & cozy facelift… If that sort of thing exists? I’m obsessed with how it turned out! Hope you enjoy!
This project will be auctioned off to raise money for the Birmingham Children’s Hospital. I’ve seen a lot of resin riverbed tables and have always wanted to give it a try. So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out. I use Walnut and Plywood to keep in with the other charity project themes. I hope you like it.
If you liked this video, you might also like:
My collection of honest, independent reviews of woodworking and DIY tools and equipment:
My step-by-step journey making The Wood Whisperer’s rocking chair:
A collection of projects using my X-Carve:
My weekly vlog sharing current woodworking and DIY deals and giveaways, and general carpentry news:
How to contact me:
If you’d like to contribute to the cost of making my videos, and help me continue to spend time making them better, please consider becoming a Patreon:
The majority of the music and SFX used in my videos are from Epidemic Sound
100+ Photos of the How to #Design a #Modern #LivingRoom. Home #DesignIdeas2018
When selling a property, as well as providing the lately acquired home, look at modern-day design and style selections. Current living room design and style infuses a property place along with fashionable design though retaining friendliness and ease and comfort. With regard to luring purchasers, interesting friends or perhaps savoring tranquility, a modern artistic is usually not at all hard to attain along with many essential design and style know-how.
1. Colour this walls employing a delicate, light-weight, basic shade. According to U . s . Current Located, white-colored, lotion and beige walls are usually staples connected with modern-day living room design and style. Current design and style is focused on minimalism along with powerful leaps connected with shade pertaining to visual interest. You desire your walls to be able to work like a basic palette, turning it into less complicated pertaining to focal art and furnishings to be able to be noticeable.
2. Keep your ground basic and nondescript. Some modern-day areas actually make use of blank tangible floors, as outlined by HGTV. Like with this room’s walls, the neutral-colored ground facilitates acquire emphasis off of this kind of area, allowing significant furnishings, art as well as components to be able to record a persons vision. When you anticipate applying flooring, ensure that this flooring just isn’t overly shaggy and this it doesn’t incorporate just about any extreme, bright colors.
3. Use caffeine dining tables and sofas along with right wrinkles and sturdy geometric styles, since proposed simply by U . s . Current Located. Main furniture pieces need to be shaped and rigidly designed. However the model of a modern settee is usually minimalistic and rigid-looking, a lot of modern-day sofas are in fact quite secure. In addition, you should utilize place cushions to feature leaps connected with shade and infrequent asymmetry. Household furniture need to be more dark colors to deliver stark comparison towards white-colored walls if you need this parts to become a focal point, as well as lighter weight colors in case you anticipate applying art for the reason that room’s key focal point.
4. Use art to be able to personalize the area with your own personal impression connected with design. Current art varies commonly, featuring quite a few fascinating designs, which range from various colored subjective to be able to monochromatic minimal art. Enhance everyone in the room along with art that will draws attentions to the powerful, personal color palette. Artwork permits you to acquire imaginative using the place, delivering your preferred colors and styles to the modern-day decoration.
5. Lighting everyone in the room along with thin-based floor lamps, tiny sconces as well as recessed threshold signals. Like with this walls and ground, this lighting should not be this room’s primary place connected with interest. You desire visitors to notice the fascinating retaining wall art as well as secure and appealing furniture pieces. The particular lighting need to be subtle and reasonably tiny. Huge hanging signals have zero put in place modern-day living room design and style.
6. Use vases, candle lights and ebooks to be able to submit the area. Current areas are usually supposed to be minimalistic, and you tend not to need the area to seem completely barren and unused. Dispersing a couple of tiny components through the space may help the spot really feel more hot and appealing
1. Succotash – Silent Partner
2. My Sad Old Heart – The 126ers
3. River Meditation – Audionautix
This video is a photo slide about wall ideas design .PHOTO IS FROM INTERNET.If you are an owner of photo please contact me for tag you or if you wish to delete.
Today on Modern Builds, I’m renovating the entryway / foyer / mudroom at my cameraman Caleb’s. We did all of this for right around $250 in materials and supplies. We replaced the old tile with new laminate wood floors, added homemade square MDF trim, replaced the old light fixture and popcorn ceilings, and made a killer mirror accent wall. Check it out!
Huge thanks to Sylvania for sponsoring this video. Be sure and check out their full line of Smart+ Products:
Material and Supplies:
Popcorn Ceiling Scraper:
Light Fixture Video Coming soon. I’ll add a link when it’s up!
DONT FORGET TO LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.
ADD ME ON:
Instagram: | @modernbuilds
Thanks for watching! -Mike Montgomery