Applying these drawer fronts took a bit more planning then usual since each was in three non-square parts. There are a few tips in this video for clamping up the drawer front right on the cabinet, but still being able to pop the drawer out.
There’s also a bit more sculpting of the sides so everything matches together. As I write this, I have a couple coats of finish on everything and I’m very happy with the result (unless you ask me about a couple dovetail shoulders, so don’t ask me about a couple dovetail shoulders!)
One thing I didn’t like in this video was my wording about the common concern of using hide glue in a bathroom. I said “humidity” was the problem, but meant to say “moisture” (you know, lots of humidity). If some water runs off the vanity top right on a drawer front that was applied with hide glue, it really isn’t going anywhere… it takes a lot of moisture and heat to release it, but it does release far easier than a PVA or, worse, plastic-resin glue. I’ve made three other cabinets that ended up in bathrooms made with hide glue (the cabinets, not the bathrooms 🙂 and there have been no issues.
Next episode will likely be the last of the series: wet-sanded finish. There’s still the installation, although I won’t really go through that… maybe just a brief tour of it afterward. Might have it at the end of the next episode.